target clients: commercial firms and state agencies
The foremost purpose of our review is to increase the probability of success for a client's Brexit programme. The key objectives of the Independent Brexit Programme Review ('IBPR') are to:
- Ensure that sufficient analysis has been completed and appropriate options developed;
- Enable identification and resolution of issues at the earliest time, lowest work level, and lowest cost;
- Support business decisions;
- Control risk.
Our clients, use our IBPRs to identify and look into critical issues before they become serious problems. In this regard, Boards and Executive teams use our review to serve as a tool for risk management and mitigation.
To ensure buy-in, we conduct our IBPR as a means of adding value, not just as an audit or oversight process. To maximise the value of a review requires all the parties involved to collaborate in tailoring the scope of the review to suit the risks and characteristics of the organisation’s specific Brexit challenges.
Case Study: FinTech Association
We undertook a series of Brexit planning 'health-check' reviews for members of a European FinTech association.
These reviews consisted of:
- Initial briefings of the collective firms on the likely impacts (risks, opportunities and consequences) of Brexit for their businesses, customers and target markets. We also provided a check-list and guidance on what the 'health check' would be looking to determine and the information requirements needed to complete the reviews;
- On an individual basis, we arranged for a panel of experts to review each FinTech firms plans. We then arranged for the panel of experts to attend a two-hour working session to discuss each firms Brexit strategies and plan. During these sessions we provided feedback and discussed recommendations for improvement;
- Within a month, we conducted a follow up working session at which the firms were invited to present their revised plans. A major portion of these final sessions focused on how the FinTech firms could create new opportunities from Brexit.