target client: commercial firms
We have a team of experienced executives who have previously established European and Global Head Quarter functions in new jurisdictions.
Whilst most of our prior work is not Brexit specific, it covers all the pertinent issues required in establishing a new country location.
We work with local legal, accounting, investment management, marketing, recruitment, public relations and other advisors in supporting our clients. Our work has included advice on the following:
- Location benefit and risk assessment;
- Company structure and board appointments;
- Regulatory considerations, authorizations and strategic portfolio transfer;
- Infrastructure considerations;
- Finance and funding including access to state grants and other supports;
- Stakeholder management and public relations;
- Distribution agreements;
- Partnering agreements;
- Tax compliance;
- Merger and acquisition opportunities;
- Issuing and managing tenders for local support.
Case Study: Location Options
We are currently assisting a US insurance firm look at its options for the UK and European markets post-Brexit. They currently passport into the UK from Europe but will need to establish a separate UK business and are also considering a more appropriate western European HQ with a revised scope of their London operations. Our work involves:
- Reassessing their overall European strategy including product offerings, distribution channels and partnering options;
- Redesign of business model;
- Developing a short list of European HQ location options and assessment criteria. This includes country visits and meeting with key local stakeholders.